I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- Let me sum up what appears to be the collective analytical judgment of the business and financial community when I say: Dat oil price tho 1 week ago
- Impact investing's problem: Most of the time it's not really both. It's either impact OR returns with a thin veneer of the other #impinv 1 week ago
- RT @joelmoxley: Energy storage people: @mitmeche Prof #EvelynWang job posting to lead thermal battery development dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16993759/twi… 1 week ago
- @cleantechvc These people should give me a call. 2 weeks ago
- Revisiting how "cleantech VC" has done. Not pretty. Of 19 CalPERS-backed funds (vintages 06-10), cash-on-cash net to LPs averages 0.76x 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.