I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- After more time than I would have expected, the Great Asset Sale of "cleantech" start-ups is beginning, mostly behind the scenes. 1 day ago
- Congrats to @FINsix -- hit its Kickstarter goal on day 1! Well done @vlgreen @tonysagneri and team kickstarter.com/projects/21520… 2 days ago
- RT @FINsix: In just 8 hours #TheDart is 84% funded. What an incredible day & it's not over yet! Please RT to help us get to 100%! http://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @engadget: The 'world's smallest' laptop adapter debuts on Kickstarter for $79 engt.co/1p322hI 2 days ago
- Is your laptop power adapter a pain to lug around? Get a @FINsix Dart: 4x smaller and 6x lighter. Charges phone too! kickstarter.com/projects/21520… 2 days ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.