I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies. Finally, I'm co-founder and chairman of the investment committee at PRIME Coalition, a pioneering 501c3 nonprofit that's bringing philanthropic capital to energy innovation. In past lives I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- #berniesandwiches 6 hours ago
- A glimpse of the future, the truly smart home: medium.com/@iamsvf… (I know I'm slacking about blogging my @tellsense experience...) 9 hours ago
- RT @AaronMandell: 3/3 Decades of O&G technology being applied to the carbon-free energy grid in the form of underground pumped hydro. https… 3 days ago
- Quidnet Energy visit w/investor prospects. Repurposing oil and gas site for clean energy; the future of grid storage https://t.co/QjbtGkqiOT 5 days ago
- Amazing headlines this week. "What can I do to get you into these hydrocarbons today" 4 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.