I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- Wrapping up DOE carbon workshop. Quote of day: "IRS is the #1 instrument of energy policy in the U.S., and it's really industrial policy" 6 days ago
- RT @SWoodKearney: Big thanks @JesseJenkins @cleantechvc @matthewnordan @ceres @sahaglobal for contributing to my educational journey: https… 1 week ago
- Pumped for @SXSWEco. I'm speaking at 11:45 Monday and pulling the curtain back on MNL Partners a bit. Some preview: austinchronicle.com/news/2014-10-0… 2 weeks ago
- Most great CEOs that I know have lightning-quick response times -- like, emails back within minutes. Not all but most. Just observing here. 3 weeks ago
- The 10,000 hour rule ain't so, sayeth the data: slate.me/1vu5li1 Something to think about for programs that train entrepreneurs. 3 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.