I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- Best CEO line at @BoltVC hardware meetup: "If you do not have a job, or if your job is boring, come talk to us" 2 days ago
- RT @MarketplaceTech: Today: @matthewnordan on Tesla earnings, Radioshack's $ 3 million bonus & @InterwovenNYC on self-drying jackets: http:… 2 weeks ago
- @cleantechvc No idea where that came from, but thanks for the vote of support 2 weeks ago
- Sea slug absorbs genes from algae it eats, uses them to photosynthesize directly. Nature has mastered gene therapy blog.mbl.edu/?p=3285 2 weeks ago
- Sure feels good to be using one of these! Go @FINsix! http://t.co/jJmTk3sIB8 3 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.