I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- @enertiv Agreed, my statement was a compliment! Hoping to see great things from the company. 1 day ago
- Great to see @enertiv funding, but bizarre to see press coverage like this is a new idea: bit.ly/WLzJIH R/GA / TechStars pays off 1 day ago
- So much of getting big things done is just the basics. Tell a clear story. Make (and clear) checklists. Do what you tell people you will do. 1 week ago
- @jserface @guardian Good but I read & see 3 key omissions: 1. "It's not dispatchable" 2. "It's not dispatchable" 3. "It's not dispatchable" 1 week ago
- I already have an autonomous vehicle. Waze just uses my body to turn the wheel. 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.