I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- RT @ShanaRappaport: Getting energized: My Studio C interview w @MatthewNordan @ our 2014 #VERGEcon on hope for our energy future http://t.c… 6 days ago
- Word on Google's conclusion that RE is not <C has made rounds for a while, but interesting to see it written down bit.ly/1F2XgFv 1 week ago
- Lesson from DOE loan program: It works, but the program itself can't survive politics. 1.usa.gov/1zUOxFi paging @JMSilver_energy 1 week ago
- U.S./China emissions deal seems overhyped. Seems a reiteration of both sides' existing positions & subject to legislative roadblock in U.S. 2 weeks ago
- Xiaomi: #3 in smartphones, raising at $40B+ valuation, unknown in U.S. bit.ly/10ajuGe Go Qiming and Morningside who saw the promise 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.