I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- RT @JohnDPMorgan: The multiplier effect of a dollar spent on energy philanthropy is enormous. ssireview.org/blog/entry/ene… @forachelP 5 days ago
- Dear media industry, The Saudis are not keeping oil cheap to "hurt solar and wind." There is not a lot of oil-fired power. Sincerely, Me 1 week ago
- MNL Partners is recruiting for an Associate in Shanghai. Spread the word! Job description here: mnlpartners.com/careers.html 1 week ago
- Love it when my former interns start awesome companies. Even more when their products are delicious. Go @AnchorNutri http://t.co/FfIsLv1UG0 2 weeks ago
- RT @tommatzzie: See before disruption and after disruption real-time energy prices in $/MWh. That is @pjminterconnect responding. http://t.… 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.