I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- MNL Partners is recruiting interns in Boston. Mandarin fluency, high clock speed, & research skills are key. matthew at mnlpartners dot com 6 days ago
- @cleantechvc @theretronaut Looks like it's out of some lost David Lynch film, in which case I am honored 1 week ago
- To the list of "underappreciated energy technologies poised for great things" we should add: USB-C cnet.com/news/usb-type-… cc @FINsix 1 week ago
- RT @SWoodKearney: It has been a profound privilege to forge "A New Vision for Funding Science" alongside @matthewnordan & @Fiona_MIT http… 2 weeks ago
- 9/9 I'm privileged to work with MIT Dean of Innovation @Fiona_MIT and PRIME Exec Dir @SWoodKearney on this project. Tell us what you think. 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.