I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies. Finally, I'm co-founder and chairman of the investment committee at PRIME Coalition, a pioneering 501c3 nonprofit that's bringing philanthropic capital to energy innovation. In past lives I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- Delighted to announce PRIME Coalition's all-star investment committee today. Every member inspires and sharpens us. m.marketwired.com/press-release/… 1 week ago
- RT @SWoodKearney: We can't wait to gather this amazing group in the name of PRIME in Sept! @matthewnordan @NancyPfundDBL @carmichaelvc http… 1 week ago
- @jmatheson @OasysWater @IDBoston Happy to take second place in such a noble and hard-fought contest 1 month ago
- @bznotes @alexia This will all end in tears. 1 month ago
- RT @sovereignfund: Mankind's survival requires fee transparency. No, seriously. institutionalinvestor.com/blogarticle/34… 1 month ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.