I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies. Finally, I'm co-founder and chairman of the investment committee at PRIME Coalition, a pioneering 501c3 nonprofit that's bringing philanthropic capital to energy innovation. In past lives I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- RT @RenewEnergy_RR: Where You See a Depleted Oil Well, Quidnet Sees Green Energy Storage - Oil & Gas 360 rightrelevance.com/tw/renewenergy… http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @Pro_Me_Theus: Quidnet Energy, ~$1M raised 4 injecting H2O into rock cracks|fissures & releasing to turbine to generate electricty http:… 2 weeks ago
- RT @TerynNorris: #FF Thx for catalyzing $4B for clean energy this week! @sovereignfund @aaseiger @SWoodKearney @matthewnordan @divestinvest… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Deese44: Today @WhiteHouse we're announcing $4 billion in commitments to catalyze clean energy technologies & #ActOnClimate https://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MarcJLane: Directing charitable gifts toward #startups bostonglobe.com/business/2015/… via @BostonGlobe #charity #nonprofit 2 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.