I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. Earlier, I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester. I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- RT @MarketplaceTech: Today: Google Domains launches, @matthewnordan on e-waste and @ProjectAra & @onekade explains license plate trackers: … 1 week ago
- Things don't happen, until they do. 2 weeks ago
- RT @FINsix: Coming soon to a shelf near you #CES2015 http://t.co/HrqnLwkHYM 2 weeks ago
- MNL Partners hiring spring 2015 interns in Boston. Chinese fluency required, MBA/science PhD students ideal. matthew at mnlpartners dot com 1 month ago
- Epigenetic mechanisms may account for the speed and extent of human evolution vis-a-vis other great apes. Fascinating bit.ly/1A8l73D 1 month ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.