Resources for the energy/environmental innovation community. Please use as you see fit and redistribute at will.
- Cap table template in Excel format. If you’re an entrepreneur planning a new start-up, you need to be able to work through the implications of raising money at different valuations — not just in this round, but in the rounds that follow. This Excel spreadsheet has all the math wired to model four rounds of financing. I always provide this to first-time entrepreneurs as they contemplate a financing strategy.
- Returns analysis template in Excel format. If you want raise money from VCs, learn to think like one of them. Every VC you pitch will run a returns analysis (at least mentally) on your company, so you should do one yourself beforehand to target the right firms and anticipate the challenges. This Excel spreadsheet gives you the math that your fundraising targets will assuredly do themselves.
- Slides from NextWave Greentech Investing 2013 conference. By popular demand. This slightly updates the “State of Cleantech VC 2012″ data.
- PDF version of the “State of Cleantech VC 2012″ analysis. Airplane-friendly, and with prettier pictures…
- PDF version of the “State of Cleantech VC 2011″ series. The OG four-parter.