I'm Managing Director of Prime Impact Fund, where we fund breakthrough start-ups that could have a big impact on climate. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies and two supporting organizations. In past lives I learned venture capital at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, developed energy and environmental projects in China at MNL Partners, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- @shaylekann Yep. Not a market. A theme. 3 weeks ago
- @EdPheil @PritzkerFund @SWoodKearney No anti nuclear bias at Prime, if anything the opposite. In a small seed fund… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @jjacobs22 @PRIMEcoalition We loves us some MCJ ;) 3 weeks ago
- Thanks to the innumerable folks whose help brought us to this milestone. And if you want to know more, @BSteverman… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Our support is broad-based – there are 76 investors in this fund, ranging from visionary individuals to institution… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.
Monthly Archives: September 2015
tl;dr: Depressing? Motivating? Both. Team Nordan spent the last couple weeks of summer in three national parks – Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. Weather and wildfires cooperated to deliver spectacular views and lots of wildlife. I came across the gal … Continue reading