I'm Managing Director of Prime Impact Fund, where we fund breakthrough start-ups that could have a big impact on climate. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies and two supporting organizations. In past lives I learned venture capital at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, developed energy and environmental projects in China at MNL Partners, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
They See Me Tweetin’
- We’re hiring at Azolla Ventures! Finance & Operations Manager: “Chief of staff” type position.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @AmyDuffuor: If you want to support breakthrough #climatetech companies, we’re hiring at Azolla Ventures for several roles. Join me and… 1 year ago
- RT @CharmIndustrial: At Charm we inject plants-turned-carbon-soup deep underground to fight climate change. We’ve now delivered over 5,000… 1 year ago
- We’re looking for an investment operations manager for our venture capital fund. Are you a highly-organized badass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @Lilac_Solutions: Lilac Solutions Announces $150 Million Series B to Scale Lithium Supply for the Electric Vehicle Era https://t.co/2BeL… 1 year ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.
Category Archives: Personal rumination
Melting Glaciers and Motivation
tl;dr: Depressing? Motivating? Both. Team Nordan spent the last couple weeks of summer in three national parks – Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. Weather and wildfires cooperated to deliver spectacular views and lots of wildlife. I came across the gal … Continue reading
Posted in Personal rumination 3 Comments