I'm a managing partner at MNL Partners, where we develop energy and environmental projects in global markets, with a focus on China. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies. Finally, I'm co-founder and chairman of the investment committee at PRIME Coalition, a pioneering 501c3 nonprofit that's bringing philanthropic capital to energy innovation. In past lives I made venture capital investments at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- @FerBerlinckDV Intriguing idea, but invest in companies not patents and skeptical of licensing-type business models. 4 weeks ago
- Entrepreneurs: Please do not form your company as an LLC. It makes it uninvestable. And converting is a pain. T… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @InsidePhilanthr: A nonprofit channeling charitable giving to clean energy tech startups: bit.ly/2zEdM5N @PRIMEcoalition https:… 7 months ago
- RT @GreentownLabs: This Wednesday don't miss @matthewnordan in "Happening", a film about the clean energy revolution. Get tickets here: htt… 8 months ago
- HBO documentary on energy innovation premiers Boston Wed 10/11. I appear in this, speaking on panel after screening dceff.org/ontour/boston/ 8 months ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.