I'm Managing Director of Prime Impact Fund, where we fund breakthrough start-ups that could have a big impact on climate. I also serve on the boards of five audacious tech start-up companies and two supporting organizations. In past lives I learned venture capital at Venrock, co-founded and led Lux Research, developed energy and environmental projects in China at MNL Partners, and forecasted technology futures at Forrester.
I really do live and breathe this stuff.
I'm also chromosomally incapable of keeping quiet. This blog hosts opinions (mine alone) on energy, venture capital, human behavior, start-ups, societal collapse, hope for the future, and everything in between: hopefully useful, usually numerate, and occasionally long-winded.
- The last frontier of silicon PV cost, performance, and environmental footprint. techcrunch.com/2020/10/27/lea… 5 months ago
- Great job alert Six years ago at Prime we set out to address critical climate finance gaps with catalytic capital.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- RT @jm_crowd: How do you create impact? As @matthewnordan shared with Kevin and I, you align incentives with intent. You accomplish what… 6 months ago
- Happy Monday y’all. While the west continues to burn and people continue to eat, if you care about either climate c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- @shaylekann Yep. Not a market. A theme. 10 months ago
Sites I devour
“Cleantech”I'm not a fan of the term -- IMHO it's a vague catch-all that doesn't accurately reflect anybody's interest -- but it's what the world has decided to use. If you'd like, when you see it, mentally find-and-replace with "energy, environmental, and resource technologies" instead.
Category Archives: Smart grid
tl;dr: Nest Labs performs magic – making energy efficiency awesome, even for the nontechnical and non-green. We’re delighted to invest in the company. Back in February I acquired a Nest Learning Thermostat, famously designed by Apple’s original iPhone team. Looks … Continue reading
tl;dr: Mrs. Nordan vs. Nest thermostat! Will it take an afternoon to install? Will we ruin our house in the process? No on both counts! In June we installed a Nest Learning Thermostat in chez Nordan; I helmed the camera … Continue reading
tl;dr: Data about energy consumption = good! Data about rate plans plus meaningful incentives = even better! I know, I know, I’ve been in absentia from this blog lately: Blame the month of January, in which entrepreneurs emerge from hiding … Continue reading